Very few people are born with perfectly aligned teeth. Because of this, many people can benefit from orthodontic treatment. We recommend that patients come in for their initial exam as early as age seven, but people of any age can benefit from orthodontics.
When you or your child come in for your orthodontic exam in Wayne, New Jersey, Dr. Muhammad Abey will determine whether or not you can benefit from braces or another form of orthodontic treatment. Our orthodontist may use diagnostic tools including a review of your medical and dental health history, a visual exam, models of your teeth and bite, and X-rays and photographs. If orthodontic treatment is recommended, a treatment plan will be formed for your specific needs and goals.
Some common alignment and bite issues that orthodontic treatment can correct include:
– When the front upper teeth sit too far in front of the lower teeth in an overbite, which is sometimes referred to as buck teeth.
– When the lower teeth sit too far forward or the upper teeth are too far back in an underbite.
– When there is space between the biting surfaces of the side or front teeth when the back teeth are together, which is called an open bite.
– When the center of the lower teeth does not line up with the center of the upper teeth in a misplaced midline.
– When there are gaps or spaces between the teeth because of missing teeth or another issue.
– When the dental ridge is not large enough to accommodate all of the teeth.
We invite you to contact Wayne Family Orthodontics today at 973-341-3180 to learn more and to schedule an evaluation.